HONDA EB5000 Industrial Generator is a great choice for light-to-medium duty industrial applications. They offer dependable power and performance at an economical price. This powerful, yet fuel-efficient generator is backed by a 3 year limited warranty and has been engineered to meet the needs of the most demanding applications. HONDA generators provide power where it’s needed most and will deliver peace of mind. Plus, the HONDA EB5000 Industrial Generator is equipped with a handle that makes it easy to transport and store.
Honda, the world-renowned Japanese brand, has produced a light-to-medium duty, industrial portable generator that will provide dependable power and performance at an economical price. The Honda EB5000 will deliver up to 4500 watts, 125 volts, and 525 amps of continuous power while running at a very economical fuel consumption of only 5.5 gallons per hour.
General Features of Honda EB5000 Industrial Generator
- Honda developed an exclusive technology named, iAVR for its power generators that features an Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulation (iAVR) as the expansion suggests and it gives you a consistent and balanced flow of current to your power tools and appliances.
- The new iAVR is a great improvement over the conventional voltage regulator that comes with other generators. The Honda EB5000 can produce 50% more consistent voltage output compared to other generators in its class mainly because of the automatic voltage regulation technology. It allows you to utilize power tools and appliances that are sensitive to fluctuations in current, such as compressors, welders, air-conditioners, and refrigerators
- The iAVR works by automatically and accurately regulating the rpm of the stupendous Honda engine, which is the backbone of the Genset. When a load is induced to the generator system, normally, engine rpm drops and power output varies, ie voltage and frequency drops as well. Honda’s iAVR zeroed this issue by instant control over its iGX engine’s rpm.
- This gives you a consistent and balanced flow of current to your power tools or appliances. Fluctuation in voltage or frequency can severely damage your power tools and appliances.
- The iAVR feature is a set standard on all the Honda EB5000 generators.
- When connecting loads of high-amp like air compressors and refrigerators, it provides 7000 Watts extra power(which is well above its maximum rating) up to 10 Seconds. These equipment are drawing high amps initially. It is because of the above said iVAR technology.
- Another feature of some importance is the motion provider to the generator armature fitted with this portable industrial generator, the Honda iGX390 Commercial Engine of 389 ccs, with the 6.2-gallon capacity fuel tank. It is gas-powered.
- Honda iGX Commercial Engine fitted with Honda eb5000 industrial generator is a computer-controlled intelligent, new-generation engine. It has an automated feature that keeps the engine fully optimized and running at peak performance. The engine is designed to offer more power, less fuel consumption, and fewer emissions.
- The generators are run by Honda’s proprietary engine control unit (ECU) which gives you superior performance in terms of low maintenance, longer life, and greater fuel efficiency.
- It runs for 7.1 hours at full load and 10.5 hours at half load.
- Its surge watts or starting watts is 7000 and rated watts is 4500, which is very much useful for a commercial need. (Though it is termed as commercial, it can be useful to home back up also. We found in the US somebody using it for 20+ years for their home outage use.)
- It has a voltage selector switch which can be toggled between 120 and 240 volts or 1209 volts only. It gives you more usable power. It can be useful when you are connecting large wattage devices. The voltage is very important. Controllers, transformers, inverters, or batteries are often connected to this machine.
- It has 6 outlets to easily connect your multiple tools.It is a quiet generator that has noise levels of 63-65dB at experimental levels which is not going to annoying you, in any case. This Honda eb5000 industrial generator is mounted with a special muffler to get these low acoustics levels.
- It has an advanced Carbon Monoxide, CO poisoning detector named CO Minder. It continuously monitors CO emission levels and automatically shuts down the generator when the CO levels exceed too high.
- Fitted with electronic circuit breakers to protect your system is overloaded.
- This generator has an accredited and acclaimed built-in Honda Oil Alert® for low oil level detection and for shutting off in case of that scenario.
- Compliant with OSHA guidelines. So, it can be useful for any of your worksites.
- This portable industrial generator comes with a wide folding handle to make it easy for moving and transporting from one place to another. This makes it easier to store in your shed or garage also.
- All of the circuits are GFCI protected. That means that they’re protected against ground-fault currents and voltages.
- The fuel gauge is there in this Honda eb5000.
- Recoil starter system
- It can supply power to these tools and equipment;-
High-pressure Washer (1 HP)
Industrial motors, up to 3 hp
Bench Grinder (8 in.)
Circular Saw (Heavy Duty, 7 1/4 in.)
Table Saw (10 in.)
- It Meets all OSHA, LA-ETL, and ANSI regulations.
- Honda EB5000 comes with a 3 year residential & commercial warranty.
Pros and Cons of HONDA EB5000 Industrial Generator:
The Honda Honda eb5000 industrial generator is one of the best portable industrial generators you can lay your hands on. It has some very useful features like iAVR, iGX Engine, Voltage selector switch, 6 outlets to connect the multiple devices with low cost of maintenance which make it an ideal and valuable generator for your needs.
What are Industrial Generators?
Industrial Generators are a type of generator used for larger-scale projects, such as businesses and hospitals. They are usually heavier than residential generators and larger in size. This can make them difficult to transport but they can produce much more power than residential generators, making them ideal for heavy electrical loads. Generators in the industrial category are often used for providing power for larger machines like air conditioners, furnaces, specialty lighting, and much more.
Where would an Industrial Generator be used?
Industrial generators are essential to the everyday operations at a variety of commercial locations including:
- Businesses – Industrial generators are typically found on large construction sites, farmlands, and other businesses that require continuous operating power. They may also be used in industrial areas and factories as an auxiliary generator for smaller machines, tools, or appliances.
- Schools – Large schools often rely on industrial generators to keep their campuses up and running during unexpected blackouts or brownouts. They are also used in factories and other facilities that require power for large machines.
- Hospitals – Where commercial outlets cannot provide electricity, hospitals turn to their own internal generators for reliable power. They may also be used in industrial areas or run by a dedicated local power company.
How are Industrial Generators Different from Residential and Recreational Generators?
Industrial generators differ greatly from residential and recreational generators in several ways. The weight of an industrial generator is much greater than a residential or recreational unit. They can also take up more space when transported, but they can produce much more power than a smaller generator. Large industrial generators are often much more powerful and efficient than smaller residential generators.
How much power do they produce?
The power capacity of industrial generators is measured in kilowatts. This refers to the amount of electricity a generator can output each minute. The higher the number, the more electricity that can be provided. Industrial generators output several kilowatts, which allows them to run a variety of large machines at once without issue. They are also able to provide several hours of electricity if needed in emergency situations or unexpected blackouts in the area.
What is Honda iGX Engine?
Honda iGX Engine fitted with Honda eb5000 industrial generator is a computer-controlled intelligent, new generation one. It has an automated feature that keeps the engine fully optimized and running at peak performance. The engine is designed to offer more power, less fuel consumption, and fewer emissions.
Features of Honda iGX Engine
The Honda EB5000 industrial generator is run by its iGX generator technology, which is a new brand of gas engines developed by Honda. It is a breakthrough technology in the world of portable generators that combines both mechanical and electronic advancements into one system. Among these improvements are fuel-saving technologies and superior power output.
Benefits of Honda iGX Engine are:-
The Honda iGX engine is an innovated gas engine that has a few special features like:-
- *It is a 4-stroke & air-cooled engine that can run for several hours and give you an optimum run time.
- * Start is Excellent.
- * Highly rated power output
- * Emission level is lesser.
- * Good fuel efficiency
- * It is a breakthrough technology.
- * Honda iGX engine produces more power and fewer emissions.
- *This Honda iGX engine is high on ease of maintenance. The present design lets you run it with less maintenance and increased power output.
Honda has a long-standing reputation for superior quality products that are backed with a good warranty. It has been around in multiple markets for decades and continues to be one of the greatest generators available today. The above reviewed industrial portable power generator from Honda is no different. This is one of the top generators out there that can be used extensively to provide power for all kinds of industrial and commercial businesses.
It has been around for many years and continues to stand in its place at the top of the heap for generators. Honda has had a reputation to uphold in certain industries for producing top-notch equipment in both residential and industrial markets. They have a very long history when it comes to making great products, which is evident in this generator also. The Honda EB5000 industrial generator is one of these products, and it was created with the best technology available today.
It will be able to meet all your needs as you attempt to run different devices throughout your business or home.